Barcelona’s commitment to celebrate the MWC 2021 seems happily firm. Today, May 6, the Protocol of the Commercial Court of Barcelona and the Trademark Court of the European Union of Alicante has been made public to ensure swift action on precautionary measures and preliminary proceedings for infringement of industrial and intellectual property rights.
Aspects to be considered:
- The MWC will be held from June 28 to July 1, 2021.
- The Commercial Court of Barcelona will resolve on the same day of its filing (24 hours) the admission of requests for protective letters aimed at preventing precautionary measures from being granted without a hearing against companies participating as exhibitors in the MWC.
- Preliminary or verification of facts proceedings based on copyrights, patents, trademarks, designs, unfair competition or advertising in connection with products exhibited at the MWC will have preferential and priority treatment and will be resolved within two days (48 hours).
- Requests for precautionary measures will also have preferential treatment and will be resolved within 48 hours (if they are granted without hearing the defendant) or 10 days (if they are granted with a prior hearing in the event that the exhibitor has filed a protective letter).
- Preliminary proceedings and precautionary measures may be directed both against acts of presentation or exhibition of products physically at the congress and against those that are carried out online and/or on any type of virtual platform provided in the congress.
- Preliminary injunction hearings shall preferably be held telematically.
- It is now time for companies, depending on their position, to set their strategies with sufficient time to ensure an adequate judicial response. ELZABURU’s proven experience in several consecutive editions of the MWC is at your disposal.
Author: Enrique Armijo-Chávarri
Visit our website