Francisco Javier SÁEZ
- Degree in Chemistry (Analytical Chemistry) (Madrid Autonomous University).
- Diploma "Patent Litigation in Europe" (Strasbourg University-CEIPI).
- Industrial Property Attorney admitted 2004.
- European Patent Attorney 2006.
- European Trade Mark Attorney (Authorized Representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) 2004.
- In professional practice since 1988.
- Ten years as researcher in charge of development with the R&D Department of a leading multinational manufacturer of electrochemical storage batteries.
- Specialist in drafting, prosecuting, and defending patent applications of all kinds, particularly Spanish, European and PCT applications, at the different Patent Offices in Spain and abroad, chiefly in the chemical field. Counsel advising applicants on such matters as prior art searches, patentability issues, infringement and freedom to operate issues, patent portfolio audits, etc.
- Trainer in preparatory courses for the "European Qualifying Examination", instructor in patent-related workshops and certification programmes.
- Council Member of EPI.
- Member Professional Education Committee of EPI.
- Patents and Utility Models
- Industrial Designs
- R&D Management
- Technology Transfer
- Energy, Renewable Energy, and the Environment
- Pharmaceutical and Agrochemical Industries
- Chemical Industry
Spanish, English, German (Technical Translator in English).
Partnerships of which a member:
- COAPI, AGESORPI, EPI, AIPLA, EPLIT.
Seniority in the firm:
A new era for Spanish patent law
Author: Francisco Javier Sáez, María Cadarso Díaz de Entre-Sotos
Source: World Intellectual Property Review (WIPR), 19 febrero 2016