Over and above the activities of registering and defending patents and trademarks, inventions, trademarks and other distinctive signs, and copyrights are, beyond question, intangible assets of great value to every business. Legal issues are key to being able to properly exploit these assets.
The lawyers making up ELZABURU's Legal & Business team are highly experienced in all questions bearing on exploitation and licensing of these rights. In addition to their IP expertise, all are proficient in languages, and many also benefit from experience gained in working for large companies and multinational corporations.
- Business agreements.
- Contracting with government agencies.
- Negotiated settlements.
- Production / manufacturing agreements.
- Distributor, agency, and franchising agreements.
- Supplier contracts.
- Cooperation agreements.
- Agreements and terms for assignments of employee rights.
- Assignment of personality rights.
- Publishing contracts.
- Audiovisual contracts.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Biotechnology development and marketing agreements.
- Horizon 2020 agreements and contracts.
- Security interests in intangible assets (trademarks, patents, copyright).
- Advertising contracts (publicity contracts, advertising agreements, advertising agency contracts, and sponsorship agreements) for conventional and web 2.0 campaigns.
- Due diligence.
- Trademark, patent, copyright, and know-how licensing agreements.
- Assignment of intangible assets.
Licensing in Spain
ELZABURU Partner Javier Fernández-Lasquetty together with lawyers Alba López and Martín Bello answer the key questions of concern to corporations and their counsel when dealing with licensing laws in Spain
Report Q 241 : Licenciamiento en propiedad intelectual e insolvencia = IP licensing and insolvency
Analysis of the Spanish current law and practice related to insolvency situations and how they affect IP rights.