Over and above the activities of registering and defending patents and trademarks, inventions, trademarks and other distinctive signs, and copyrights are, beyond question, intangible assets of great value to every business. Legal issues are key to being able to properly exploit these assets.
The lawyers making up ELZABURU's Legal & Business team are highly experienced in all questions bearing on exploitation and licensing of these rights. In addition to their IP expertise, all are proficient in languages, and many also benefit from experience gained in working for large companies and multinational corporations.
- Business agreements.
- Contracting with government agencies.
- Negotiated settlements.
- Production / manufacturing agreements.
- Distributor, agency, and franchising agreements.
- Supplier contracts.
- Cooperation agreements.
- Agreements and terms for assignments of employee rights.
- Assignment of personality rights.
- Publishing contracts.
- Audiovisual contracts.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Biotechnology development and marketing agreements.
- Horizon 2020 agreements and contracts.
- Security interests in intangible assets (trademarks, patents, copyright).
- Advertising contracts (publicity contracts, advertising agreements, advertising agency contracts, and sponsorship agreements) for conventional and web 2.0 campaigns.
- Due diligence.
- Trademark, patent, copyright, and know-how licensing agreements.
- Assignment of intangible assets.
Licensing: Spanish chapter 2018
Commentary about the Spanish licensing regime.
Published by Law Business Research
Available at: https://gettingthedealthrough.com/area/19/jurisdiction/21/licensing-spain/
The business of licensing (LES España-Portugal), Madrid
ELZABURU partner, Javier Fernández-Lasquetty takes part in a joint workshop organized by LES-SP and LES-DE talking about IP infringement actions and how they can affect license agreements
LES España-Portugal - The business of licensing - License enforcement: IPR infringement actions
ELZABURU partner, Javier Fernández-Lasquetty takes part in a joint workshop organized by LES-SP and LES-DE talking about IP infringement actions and how they can affect license agreements.
OMPI - Curso de verano de la OMPI sobre propiedad intelectual - Tema 22: Contratos de transferencia de tecnología y de derechos de autor y
ELZABURU partner Javier Fernández-Lasquetty offers a lecture dealing with IP contracts.
La exigencia de un canon acordado en un acuerdo de licencia a pesar de la anulación de derechos de propiedad industrial. Sentencia del Tribunal de Justicia de 7 de julio de 2016, Genentech (C-567/14)
Commentary of case C-567/14 about royalty in a licensing agreement