Domain names are of course key to the proper functioning of the Internet, not only in their technical role of simple and easily remembered means of accessing IP addresses but also in their economic role.
With the Internet making ever greater inroads into the economy as e-business gradually expands, choosing a suitable domain name is increasingly important with a view to its serving as a means of identifying goods and services in cyberspace, the way trademarks work in the brick and mortar world.
ELZABURU is fully cognizant of the importance of domain names and has specialized in offering its clients comprehensive advice and full services with a view to maintenance and all-around protection.
Our Firm is an officially appointed Registrar for both ".eu" and ".es" domain names, and we offer all necessary services for cost-effective registration and management not only for these extensions but also for all current gTLDs and ccTLDs. And through our network of Associates, we are able to offer speedy registration of domain names under all territorial extensions worldwide.
To counter the growth in cyberfraud and domain squatting targeting trademark owners, ELZABURU's members include lawyers who are highly qualified and experienced in domain name recovery and who stand ready to assist our clients. Three of our Firm's members have been selected as International Panelists by WIPO's Arbitration and Mediation Center.
Domain name strategies
- Strategic planning and advice for the registration, protection, and optimization of generic, country-code, and new gTLD domain name portfolios.
- Supervision of domain name expiry and renewals. Backordering of domain names.
- Negotiating domain name acquisitions both with private individuals and through on-line auctions.
Domain name protection and management
- Registration and maintenance of generic, country-code, and new gTLD domain names.
- Registration of trademarks with the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH).
- Assistance in recovering and cancelling domain names (UDRP and URS proceedings).
- Luis H. de LARRAMENDI
- Ignacio D. RIVERA ELZABURU
- Jesús GÓMEZ MONTERO
- Luis BENEYTO
- Luis BAZ
- Fernando ILARDIA
- Xavier LAMIQUIZ
- José Ignacio SAN MARTÍN
- Miguel Ángel MEDINA
- Ramón CAÑIZARES
- Ana DONATE
- Javier ÚBEDA-ROMERO
- Juan Miguel SAINZ DE MARLES
- Luis SORIANO
- Catherine BONZOM
- Rosa TORRECILLAS
- Cristina ARROYO
- Ana SANZ
- Alba Mª LÓPEZ
- Carolina GARCÍA DE LA RASILLA
- Salvador SÁNCHEZ
- Pedro BARRERA
- Cristina ESPÍN
- Joaquín ROVIRA
- María CADARSO
- Patricia GARCÍA
- Soledad BERNAL
- Agustín ALGUACIL
Cancellation of a domain name due to breach of registration rules. Decision by Red.es of 14 December 2015, VOGUE
Unauthorized use of a trademark as a keyword. Judgment of the Spanish Community Trademark Court of 27 June 2013, Bornay
Eligibility to register .eu domain names during the sunrise period and ad hoc trademark license agreements. Judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union 19 July 2012, Pie Optiek (C-376/11)