With entry into force of the Organic Data Protection Act, Act No. 15/1999 of 13 December 1999 ("the LOPD" according to its Spanish abbreviation), it became mandatory for companies, associations, and professionals to bring their data files into compliance with the requirements laid down in that Act to ensure the fundamental right to protection of all personal data relating to personal and family honour, dignity, and privacy. This right is enshrined both in Spain's own Constitution and in European Union law.
ELZABURU, with its IP expertise, can furnish legal advice with a view both to defending one's rights against unlawful use of one's personal data by third parties and to helping businesses comply with legislation regulating the three levels of data protection, basic, medium, and high, depending on the nature of the data concerned.
- Drafting the terms and conditions of personal data processing service agreements.
- Ensuring compliance with data protection regulations at all levels, general and sector-specific, local and Community-wide.
- Designing strategies for compliance with the new EU Data Protection Regulation.
- Drawing up security guidelines and privacy policies for public and private organizations.
- Impact studies.
- Providing legal defense in enforcement actions by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
- Data protection and security audits.
- In-house training programmes for managers and staff of data protection and compliance departments.
- Data Protection Officer services.
- Managing cross-border data transfers and BCRs.
- Designing, implementing, and supervising accountability, Privacy by Design and by Default
Curso Delegado de Protección de Datos (ISACA), Madrid
Ruth Benito, Of Cousel at ELZABURU, takes part in this course which offers training for data protection officers
5 consejos legales para los juguetes inteligentes o smart toys
Use of smart toys could pose different threats to children's rights.
Available at http://www.elderecho.com/tribuna/administrativo/consejos-legales-juguetes-inteligentes-smart-toys_11_1177555001.html
¿Se puede denunciar a "Barbie" por espionaje a menores?
Ruth Benito, Of Counsel at Elzaburu, talks about the legal implications of online-connected toys, especially from the perspective of children's rights
Available at: http://www
Así funciona 'SkyNet', el nuevo sistema de videovigilancia chino al más puro estilo 'Black Mirror'
Ruth Benito, Of Counsel at ELZABURU talks about Internet and social networks surveillance in the European Union
80 por ciento de las apps solicitan un consentimiento erróneo y no informado para la geolocalización
In the round table about "Trademarks and communication in Internet", organized by Elzaburu, several experts discussed threats and risks for the protection of privacy and personal data due to the use of big data and new technological developments