The Alberto Elzaburu Foundation came into being for the purpose of nurturing and fostering innovation and intellectual property as cornerstones for progress and key contributors to free enterprise, job creation, investment, development, and business activity.
The Foundation's objectives are to:
- Nurture and foster innovation and intellectual property as the wheels driving mankind's march forward and crucial factors contributing to free enterprise, job creation, investment, development, and business activity, as well as doing the same for the creativity underpinning IP rights in the digital age.
- Support scientific and academic activities that will raise awareness of and advance innovation, intellectual property, industrial property, and Spanish language and culture as instruments of technical progress and creativity.
- Strengthen ties with Ibero-America with a view to helping to develop legislation in the field, based on a European vision of intellectual property and Christian humanist values.
To achieve these goals, the Foundation may undertake such activities as:
- Holding contests and awarding prizes for research on topics relating to innovation and IP rights.
- Awarding grants for education in the field of intellectual property.
- Providing financial aid for research in the field of intellectual property.
- Organizing round tables, seminars, courses, and meetings on the subject of intellectual property.
- Disseminating articles and works of all kinds dealing with innovation, culture, and intellectual property.
- Publishing, producing, and presenting articles and works of all kinds dealing with innovation, culture, and intellectual property.